Liudgerkerk Oldehove
The church at Oldehove dates back to the thirteenth century, but the tower was not built until the fifteenth century. The church underwent extensive renovation in 1664.
Take a closer look
Stones from the disbanded monastery of St Bernard in Aduard were used for this purpose. Above the south tower entrance is written: 'This is the gate of heaven'. A nice introduction to the rich interior of the Liudgerkerk, in which various traces of the Ewsum, De Mepsche and Ripperda families can be found. For example, in the seventeenth-century gentlemen's pews with coats of arms in the carvings. Even more wealth can be found in one of the two crypts. Here there is a beautifully carved tomb for the Viennese countess Margaretha von Cobentzel.