Borgterrein Borgweer
The borg itself is no longer there, but in the borg grounds, the moats, part of the driveway and the ditches - now almost overgrown - can still be seen.
Take a closer look
Starkenborgh (or Borgweer, as the borg was also called), was built around 1650. It was a large square two-storey building with spacious gardens, courts, moats, canals and a long driveway. This driveway still exists, but is now a cycle path. Many Van Starkenborgh families lived at the borg before it was demolished in 1831. Later, in 1843, a house was built on the site of the borg that would also be called Borgweer. This house is still there.