Kerk Niezijl
15 November 1650, the Provincial States of Stad and Lande provided 600 florins for the construction of a church in Niezijl. Unfortunately, even in the seventeenth century, six hundred florins was too little to build a church.
Have a look now
That is why the Provincial Council passed another resolution on 19 January 1660: this time, they made a sum of 4,000 florins available. The church was completed in 1661, but it was not until three years later that it was first used. The interior is remarkably well-preserved, particularly following the last restoration in 1991. It is painted white with a blue beamed ceiling. The pulpit is a textbook example of the 17th-century decorated pulpit style, modelled on the pattern books of Vredeman de Vries.