The Tea Factory
The Tea Factory is a unique combination of the only tea museum in the Netherlands, an atmospheric tea-house with perhaps the most extensive tea menu in the world and a fragrant tea shop.
The Theefabriek (tea factory) is a singular combination of the Netherlands’ only tea museum, an attractive tea room with probably the most extensive tea menu in the world, and a nostalgic tea shop... a true paradise for tea lovers! Located in the former church and parsonage of the picturesque village of Houwerzijl, the Theefabriek was bought for the symbolic amount of 1 guilder (45 eurocents) in 1989 and has since developed into a true tea attraction which is and visited by about 50,000 people annually. Houwerzijl is a village in the magnificent and tranquil northwest part of Groningen and at the outskirts of the Lauwersmeer National Park.
- Easter Sunday and Easter Monday: 10 am to 5 pm Whit Sunday and Whit Monday: 10 am to 5 pm December and New Year's Day closed
- Fixed price€3.50
- Groups€2.80 Groups from 21 people
- ChildrenFree Children 0 to 3 years
- Children€2.50 Children 4 to 12 years old
- Of course, the tearoom and the tea shop are freely accessible.
- Notes accessibility OV:
- Notes parking:
- Notes dogs:
- Pets: Pets permitted
- Private room availableYes
- Young peopleYes
- Senior citizensYes
Read the experiences of other visitors
View the reviews of previous guests at this location.View all reviews on tripadvisor