After 500 years, the skyline of Groningen is still determined by the Martini tower. This 97 meter high tower can also be climbed. From the tower you have a beautiful view of the city. Tickets can be bought at the Groningen Store in Forum Groningen.
In the last 500 years, the Martinitoren tower has endured fire and lightning, and has nearly collapsed. Wars have been won and lost on its steps, but the tower has stood firm and, at 97 metres, it is still the highest building in the city. Climb the tower to experience some tangible history and a stunning view.
Tickets can be bought at the Groningen Store in Forum Groningen until thirty minutes before closing time. Bad weather conditions may cause the tower to remain closed. Do you want to make sure the tower's open? Call the Groningen Store (Tourist Information Office) at +31 (0)50-3139741.
The Martinikerk has different opening hours. Go to the Martinikerk website for up-to-date information.
The tower can be climbed outside opening hours under the supervision of a tower-keeper. For more information, call the Groningen Store (VVV Tourist Information Office) at: +31 (0)50-3139741.
- every Mondayfrom 12:00 to 18:00
- every Tuesdayfrom 10:00 to 18:00
- every Wednesdayfrom 10:00 to 18:00
- every Thursdayfrom 10:00 to 18:00
- every Fridayfrom 10:00 to 18:00
- every Saturdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Sundayfrom 12:00 to 16:00
- Note: opening times may be different during public holidays
- The Martinitoren is open almost all year, but remains closed for climbing on the following days and holidays: New Year’s Day, 1 January Easter Sunday King’ s Day (27 April) Whit Sunday Christmas Day (first and second) New Year’s Eve, 31 December
- from €3.00 to €4.50
- Price explanation: from 12 years €4,50 per person
Groups over 12 years above 20 people €4.00 per person
up to and including 11 years €3.50 per person
Groups up to 11 years above 20 people €3.00 per person