During a visit to the center of Groningen, the Martinitoren is not to be missed. For centuries, D'Olle Grieze has overlooked the city with the Grote Markt at its feet.
Take a look
In the last 500 years, the Martinitower tower has endured fire and lightning, and has nearly collapsed. Wars have been won and lost on its steps, but the tower has stood firm and, at 97 metres, it is still the highest building in the city. Climb the tower to experience some tangible history and a stunning view.
The Martinikerk has different opening hours. Go to the Martinikerk website for up-to-date information.
- Every monday from 13:00 to 17:00
- Every tuesday from 13:00 to 17:00
- Every wednesday from 13:00 to 17:00
- Every thursday from 13:00 to 17:00
- Every friday from 13:00 to 17:00
- Every saturday from 12:00 to 17:00
- Every sunday from 12:00 to 17:00
- Note: opening times may be different during public holidays
- The last tour starts one hour before closing time.
The Martinitoren is open almost all year, but remains closed for climbing on the following days and holidays:
New Year’s Day, 1 January
King’ s Day (27 April)
Christmas Day (first and second)
New Year’s Eve, 31 December
- Price explanation: from 12 years €6.00 per person
up to and including 11 years €3.50 per person
- ID Tiqets: 2476